MOE- COL Skills for Work.
About the Programme
The Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and Ministry of Education, Guyana (MoE Guyana) collaborating in the provision of training 4,800 citizens over a period of 4 years.
In alignment with priority needs of the labor market through courses offered by Commonwealth of Learning Skills for Work initiative. This project is aimed at increasing the chances of employment, both at the local level and abroad, and thus, well placed to improve livelihood opportunities among the citizens in Guyana
The Commonwealth of Learning (COL)’s Skills for Work initiative is aimed at closing the skills gap for in-demand and high-demand jobs in Commonwealth Member States.
Skills for Work takes a two-pronged approach:
- Through hybrid models that apply open and distance learning techniques, it helps women, girls, youth, people with disabilities, entrepreneurs, and the unemployed at the community level to acquire relevant 21st Century, life and essential skills, and access in-country mentorship support.
- Through varied partnership models, it enhances ODL capabilities of both TVET institutions and other non-governmental organizations involved in skill development to share and adapt open educational resources; develop capacity in blended teaching/learning practices; scale up outreach efforts; and respond to the market needs.
Skills For Work Certification Programme
Through COL-Skills for Work Initiative, Commonwealth of Learning aims to support the efforts of Member States to provide skills required for decent employment and entrepreneurship and pave the way for attaining skills, enhancing skills, lifelong learning and growth.
Commonwealth of Learning (COL) has partnered with Google, Coursera and Udemy to offer the Skills for Work Initiative to enable youth and adults in Commonwealth nations to access high quality skill development courses provided through the world’s leading e-learning platforms, such as, Coursera and Udemy.
COL will offer three different certification programmes under the Skills for Work Initiative:
THREE UNIQUE CERTIFICATION PROGRAMMES
This scholarship provides job-ready skills and in 6 specialized areas – IT Automation with Python, UX Design, Data Analytics, IT Support, IT Project Management & Android Development that can earn you a place as an employee of world’s top companies through this unique Google professional certificate.
Learn skills through Udemy for Business to advance your career in a variety of fields including business, Entrepreneurship, IT Project Management, Personal Development, Digital Marketing, Language, Marketing, communications and many more.
This scholarship is ideal for those who wish to attend high quality e-learning courses developed by the world’s top universities and companies. Earn industry-recognized credentials and demonstrate your new skills by sharing your Course Certificate.
Who can join the programme?
- Those who are interested to gain new skills to enter into the job market
- Students who are currently pursuing their undergraduate/ diploma/ postgraduate degree
- Those who are unemployed and wish to gain skills to start mini and micro-enterprises
- Those who lost their employment/ income opportunity due to COVID 19 or other reasons and wish to gain new skills / up-skill / reskill to secure a job/income opportunity
- Instructors/ teachers/ trainer of Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- All persons in Guyana with need for skills for employment
BENEFITS OF COL-SKILLS FOR WORK INITIATIVE
Learn 24/7. Anytime, Anyway. At your own pace. Flexible schedule.
Free of Cost
There is no registration or tuition fee for accessing courses. 100% free.
Get a certificate each time you complete a course. Verifiable and shareable.
Ministry of Education invites citizens to apply for Commonwealth of Learning – Skills for Work Initiative to acquire skills to gain employment, better work opportunities and improved livelihoods. We invite all citizens to apply, especially women, girls, youth, adults and persons with disabilities.