UpSkill with Free Online Courses
Access over 4000 Courses and 400 Specilization areas from more than 200 recognized and accredited international institutions!
Have a Question? See our Frequently Asked Questions area.
What is it?
The Government of Guyana through the Ministry of Education in collaboration with The Commonwealth of Learning is making a wide variety of short courses on the Coursera learning platform available FREE of cost until December 31st 2020. The intention is to provide free Online Training opportunity to the general population to improve their skills and competencies to enable them to improve performance and employability.
A number of other Commonwealth countries have already started to benefit from this initiative. The purpose is to help unemployed individuals and those who may need to transition to new occupations to gain the requisite knowledge and skills and to improve capacity.
Who can join the programme?
- Those who are interested to gain new skills to enter into the job market
- Students who are currently pursuing their undergraduate/ diploma/ postgraduate degree
- Those who are unemployed and wish to gain skills to start mini and micro-enterprises
- Those who lost their employment/ income opportunity due to COVID 19 or other reasons and wish to gain new skills / up-skill / reskill to secure a job/income opportunity
- Instructors/ teachers/ trainer of Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- All persons in Guyana with need for skills for employment
Registration Deadline: Oct. 31st 2020.
What are the Benefits?
- UNLIMITED and FREE access to 4,000 courses designed to skill and reskill citizens of Commonwealth Member States for livelihoods.
- Programme leads include highly reputed professors and mentors from well recognised universities and institutions around the world.
- Find more at: https://www.coursera.org/browse
- Certification from world renowned universities upon successful completion, and before December 31st 2020.
- Mentorship support