To develop and increase knowledge and skills relevant to Visual Arts, Drama, Dance, Music, Physical Education and Sports.
- Evaluation of Teachers Training Programme to ensure that it is placed on the formal curriculum as a compulsory subject.
- Sensitization of educators, school supervisors, curriculum specialists, school administrators, parents and learners about the scope and interest of the Expressive Arts.
- Continuous and systematic training programme for Heads of Allied Arts Departments and teachers to acquire knowledge and new and better ways of applying methodologies and technologies to the Expressive Arts programme.
- Development of a clearly defined Expressive Arts Mission statement for each school.
- Creation, acquisition and use of facilities, instructional material and equipment relevant to the Expressive Arts programme.
- Establishment of standards (learning attainment levels) competence for each component of the Expressive Arts Programme for purposes of assessment.
- Appointment of an Allied Arts Officer in each Education Department for effective supervision of the programme.
- Appointment of:
- Trained teachers who have the required skills in any subject in the given Expressive Arts programme.
- Persons with skills in any of the disciplines but need orientation in teaching.
- Peripatetic teachers.
- Networking among institutions and units within and outside of the Ministry of Education.
- Establishment of Allied Arts/Expressive Arts Departments in each Secondary school where no less than three (3) disciplines are taught.
- Training of a cadre of persons in the fields to graduate status to fill supervisory positions.