This occurs when a learner who behaves in an unacceptable manner is removed from the regular classroom activities, for one teaching period only, and is isolated in a closely supervised environment.
- A room that is well ventilated and lit must be used for in-class suspension.
- The in-class suspension room must be monitored by the Head Teacher, teacher, counselor, or a responsible adult.
- A maximum of one (1) teaching period in-school suspension must be administered to a learner at any time.
- In-class suspension must be administered to a learner only once per term.
- A learner who is to serve in-school suspension must be assigned a specific assignment/task to be completed during that time.
- The teacher must decide what assignment will be given to a learner who is to serve in-school detention.
- Homework must not be given as one such assignment.
- Parents must be notified that a learner received in-class suspension.