Applications are invited for entry into the Carnegie School of Home Economics to pursue studies in the following programmes:
|Catering & Hospitality||Full time||Two (2) years|
|Nutrition for Dietary Assistants||Full-time||Two (2) years|
|Garment Construction||Full time||One (1)year|
|Interior Decoration||Full time||Six (6) months|
|Competency Based Education Training – Level I &II|
|General Cosmetology||Full-time||One (1)|
|Commercial Food Preparation||Full-time||One (1)|
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY:-
- Catering & Hospitality - applicants must attain the age of eighteen (18) years by 31st August, 2017.
- Nutrition for Dietary Assistants – applicants must attain the age of eighteen (18) years by 31st August, 2017.
- Garment Construction and Interior Decoration - applicants must attain the age of eighteen (18) years by 31st August, 2017.
- General Cosmetology - applicants must attain the age of seventeen (17) years by 31st August, 2017.
- Household Management - applicants must attain the age of sixteen (16) years by 31st August, 2017.
For Level I training, Interior Decoration and Garment Construction – minimum qualifications of SSPE 1 & 11 or SCCP in related subject areas and completion of Secondary Education. Passes in at least two CSEC subjects (Grade 1-4) would be an asset.
For Level II &Catering programmes - minimum qualifications of four (4) CXC, CSEC subjects (Grades 1-4). Passes in Food & Nutrition and Home Economics Management would be an asset. Mature applicants, twenty five years and older who have experience in the Hospitality and Catering Industry will be considered.
For Nutrition for Dietary Assistants – minimum qualifications of four (4) CXC, CSEC subjects (Grades 1 to 4). Passes in Mathematics, English A, Nutrition and a Science subject would be preferable. Mature applicants, twenty five years and older who work in institutional settings in the area of Food and Beverage Service would be considered.
All applicants are required to write an entrance examination and attend an interview.
Application forms can be obtained from the Carnegie School of Home Economics, Durban and High Streets Werk-en-Rust, at a cost of three hundred dollars ($300.00) each.
Completed application forms must be returned to the school by 5th July, 2017. Forms must be accompanied by a copy of birth certificate, two (2) passport sized photographs and a recent recommendation from previous school, previous employer or community leader.
Applicants will be required to report to the Carnegie School of Home Economics to write the entrance test on 12th July, 2017
For further details you may call the school on telephone #s 226-2441 or 223-8100.