The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana Ministry of Education Guyana Skills Development and Employability Project Invitation to Bid
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) in an amount equivalent to US$12,606,000 towards the cost of the Ministry of Education - Guyana Skills Development and Employability Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under a contract for which this invitation is issued. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of the Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than Government of Guyana shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
The Project is being implemented by the Ministry of Education through the Guyana Skills Development and Employability Project. The Ministry of Education has contracted Consultants who will assist the Guyana Skills Development and Employability with delivering the Project. The Consultants have prepared designs and contract documentation and will assist in tender administration and evaluation and supervise Project activities.
The Ministry of Education now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Expansion and Refurbishment of Hopetown Practical Instructional Centre, Region No. 5. The works include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demolition of an elevated single story wooden building 195m2 (2,100 ft2), wooden trestle, septic tank and chain-link fence as shown per existing site drawings.
- Construction of a single story 200 m2. (2,159 ft2) building to house workshops for Masonry/Plumbing.
- Construction of a single story 200 m2. (2,159 ft2) building to house a workshops for Electrical Installation.
- Construction of a single story 200 m2. (2,159 ft2) building to house a workshop for Commercial Food Preparation.
- Construction of a single story 76 m2. (820 ft2) building to house an LRC.
- Construction of a single story 76 m2. (820 ft2) toilet block (comprise of male’s washroom, female’s washroom and persons with physical disabilities washroom).
- Refurbishment of the existing single story 155 m2. (1,670 ft2) workshop for Home Economics.
- Construction of a single story 200 m2. (2,159 ft2) building to house a workshops for Graphic Design.
- External Works include the following but not limited to; Electrical and Plumbing upgrade, Construction of water trestle, Septic Tanks, etc.
Consideration will be limited to firms or joint ventures of firms, which are legally incorporated or otherwise organised in, and have their principal place of business in an eligible country and are either:
- more than 50% beneficially owned by a citizen or citizens and/or a bona fide resident or residents of an eligible country, or by a body corporate or bodies corporate meeting these requirements; or
- owned or controlled by the Government of an eligible country provided that it is legally and financially autonomous and operated under the commercial law of an eligible country and otherwise meets the eligibility requirements of the CDB Guidelines for Procurement (2006).
Eligible countries are member countries of CDB.
Eligible bidders will be required to submit full qualification information with their bids establishing their eligibility to bid and qualification to perform the contract if the bid is accepted. Tender and qualification information are to be submitted in the English Language on the prescribed forms inserted in the Bid Documents. Submissions that do not provide the information required, or do not demonstrate the prospective contractor’s ability to perform satisfactorily, will not qualify and will not be considered for further evaluation.
Qualification requirements include, inter alia:
- an average annual turnover (defined as certified payments received for works in progress or completed) within the last 03 years of at least One Million United States dollars (USD1,000,000);
- a demonstrable cash flow (including access to credit) of no less than Four Hundred Thousand United States Dollars (US$400,000) and the overall cash flow requirements for this contract and its concurrent commitments.
- experience as prime contractor in the construction of at least three (03) assignments of a similar nature, scope and complexity comparable to the proposed project activity from 1st January 2009 to bid submission deadline (to comply with this requirement, works quoted should be at least 80 percent complete at a minimum value of Four Hundred Thousand United States Dollars).
Requests for bid document should be made by written application including email. Written applications must be clearly marked: “Request for Bidding Documents for the Expansion and Refurbishment of the Hopetown Practical Instructional Centre, Region No. 5”, along with the name, address and contact information of the bidder for which Bidding Documents are being requested. Soft copy of bidding documents should be requested from first address below at no-charge; however, Contractors will have to print the bid documents at their expense. Note: Hard copy of Bidding documents are not available.
In according with ITB 7.2 section ll of the Bad Data Sheet - A Pre-Bid meeting shall take place on November 6, 2020 at 10:00hrs on the Zoom Platform with all prospective bidders. The Zoom password and ID will be share with the prospective bidders.
Submissions in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Bid for the Expansion and Refurbishment of the Hopetown Practical Instructional Centre, Region No. 5”, must be received in the tender box at the second address below not later than 9:00 hours on 24th November, 2020. Bid opening will take place immediately after the deadline for submission at the second address below in the presence of bidder’s representatives who choose to attend.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of One Million Guyana Dollars (G$1,000,000).
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana thru’ the Ministry of Education reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, and to annul the process and reject all bids, at any time prior to award of contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected prospective bidder(s) or any obligation to inform the affected prospective bidder(s) of the grounds for Government of Guyana/ Ministry of Education action. The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana/ Ministry of Education action will not defray any costs incurred by any bidder in the preparation of bids.
1.Address for correspondence and to request soft copy of the bid document
Guyana Skills Development an Employability Project
Ministry of Education
109 Barima Avenue, Bel Air Park, Georgetown, Guyana
2.Address for Bid Submission and Bid Opening
National Procurement and Tender Administration on Board
Ministry of Finance
Main & Urquhart Streets, Georgetown, Guyana