Government of Guyana
Institutional Strengthening of the National Accreditation Council of Guyana (NAC) Project
Consultancy services for Regulations and Fee Structure
Request for Expressions of Interest
The Government of Guyana (GOGY) has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) under the CARIFORUM-EU CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME) Standby Facility for Capacity Building under the 10th European Development Fund (EDF) in an amount equivalent to US$171,856 towards the cost of the Institutional Strengthening of the National Accreditation Council of Guyana (NAC) Project. The grant will be administered by the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) and and the National Accreditation Council – Guyana (NAC) intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under a contract for which this invitation is issued.
Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOGY and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOGY shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
The National Accreditation Council Guyana, the Executing Agency, now wishes to procure consultancy services for reviewing and drafting regulations and for costing of services and establishing a fee structure.
The objective of the consultancy is to upgrade the NAC’s regulatory framework to address the current inadequacies which have prevented the Council from effectively performing; and develop a pricing structure for NAC’s services which will improve the service delivery capacity and sustainability of the Council. The duration of the assignment is expected to be for a period of four months.
The National Accreditation Council - Guyana now invites interested eligible individual consultants to submit Expressions of Interest indicating qualifications and experience required for the provision of these consultancy services.
Consultants shall be eligible to participate if:
- the persons are citizens or bona fide residents of an eligible country; an
- in all cases, the consultant has no arrangement and undertakes not to make any arrangements, whereby any substantial part of the net profits or other tangible benefits of the contract will accrue or be paid to a person not a citizen or bona fide resident of an eligible country.
Consultants from Guyana and other member countries of CDB, as well as EU Member Countries and the Dominican Republic, which are not CDB Member Countries will be eligible to participate in these procurement opportunities.
In the assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to qualifications and experience on similar assignments, including:
- A Master of Laws Degree (LLM) and Admission to the Bar of a Member State plus a minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience working on the drafting of similar legislation and legal texts;
- experience in the preparation, tracking and controlling of budgets; and cost and price analysis;
- Knowledge and working experience of the CSME, the regional integration process and the functions and operations of CARICOM’s Organs and Bodies; the Caribbean Qualifications Framework and the operations of national accreditation and TVET councils across the CARICOM member countries
- Experience in interacting and communication with the public and private sectors
- Experience in facilitating workshops/seminars
All information must be submitted in English. Further information may be obtained from the first address below between 08:00 and 16:30 hours Monday to Friday.
Following the assessment of submissions, the most technically capable and appropriately experienced applicant will be invited to negotiate a contract to provide the consultancy services. GOGY reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel the present invitation partially or in its entirety. It will not be bound to assign any reason for not short-listing any applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by any applicant in the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
The Executive Director
National Accreditation Council
109 Barima Avenue
Bel Air Park
Caribbean Development Bank
P.O. Box 408
Tel: + (246) 431-1600
Fax: + (246) 426-7269