Drama is alive, it is doing, it is being, it provides a medium through which an individual can express himself or herself. It is a process that helps students 'see beyond' the printed text.
This Expressive Art form begins with self expression through the acting out of experiences as well as:-
- Facilitating the socialisation process.
- Aiding communication.
- Stimulating awareness of one's surroundings.
- Building appreciation and understanding of self and others.
- Helping in the development of leadership qualities, self confidence and stimulating motivation.
- Encouraging involvement in activities and creating an atmospher of enjoyment.