"Music is an art of organised sound". While being a primary source of entertainment and relaxation, the profound sociological importance of Music as the reflection of contemporary culture cannot be overlooked.
Amoung the numerous benefits to be accured from Music education, the following may be included:-
- Enhancement of the ability to communicate effectively
- Development of powers of concentration, discipline and persistence.
- Provision of avenues for self expression.
- Opportunities for meaningful co-operative endeavours.
- Fostering a sense of self worth and achievement.
- Appreciation for the worth and culture of others.
- The nurturing and development of personal talent.
- Opportunities for rest and relaxation and the lessening of stress and tension.
- The ability to earn a living in a wide variety of fields associated with the art form.