Ministry of Education, Guyana

MOE Policies

Friday, 19 April 2013 15:47

Application for transfer from area of residence

Request for transfer must be made on the prescribed form which can be uplifted at the Placement Unit, Ministry of Education or Departments of Education in the Regions.

Before an application for a transfer is received and considered, all applicants must first apply for placement in the school nearest to the residence in the Region in which they reside and must obtain admission.

Selection of schools for Random placement in the Georgetown Education District will be based on a system of Random Selection form a pre-determined and published list of Nursery and Primary Schools. (See attached list of Schools)

Selection of a school through the pre-determined and published list will be final, but if parents are not satisfied with the selected school, they can opt to return to the school nearest or next nearest to the residence in which admission was gained.

Read 3828 times
Home Policies Placement Application for transfer from area of residence