Children are and will be admitted to Nursery / Primary schools based on the following
- Each child is entitled to a place in a nursery and a primary school. A child is entitled to a place in the school closest to the child’s home.
- An APPEAL may be made to the Placement Officers in the case of a working parent who does not have anyone at home to take care of the child/children after school dismisses. Consideration may be given for the child /children to be admitted to the school closest to the workplace of said parent, but placement at that school closest to the parent’s workplace is dependent on the space available at that school.
- If no space is available at that first school closest to the parent’s workplace, then the school second closest to the parent’s workplace will be given as the next option. If no space is available at the school second closest to the parent’s workplace, then the school third closest to the parent’s workplace will be given as the next option … and so on.
- Parents are advised to present a job letter in the case of an appeal.
- A Parent who is employed/works at a school (e.g. teachers, vendors, cleaners, gardeners, handymen etc) will be given priority, amongst the parents who appeal a placement, for the placement of his/her children at that school at which the said parent is employed/works and will be treated as though the child/children live closest to the said school at which said parent is employed/works.